Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"It's begining to look a lot like Christmas..."

I keep singing this song to the kids... why? I don't know! It really isn't looking a lot like Christmas. I'm still not finished shopping, haven't even begun to wrap anything, haven't bought any food to cook... I really need to get off this blog and get going! Why am I so unmotivated?

I will say that even in the midst of missing out on the "feel" of the season, I am focused in my heart on the true reason for the season. I think it's a good trade off! Maybe that's it, the lesser my thoughts on the "stuff", the more my focus on Him... What an amazing Gift our Father gave us in giving up His own for us. To pursue us and love us even as we are, filthy and unworthy of His riches.

I was talking to the kids this morning about how Christ traded our dirty dog pooped sin smeared coats for His clean sinless robe of a king, what a trade! What are we trading this season? Are we including Him in our efforts? Is he the focus of our time, energy and words? I want Him to be in our home even amidst the distractions. May He be in yours too!
Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment